Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2012

Do not do try this at home!*

Hey everyone!

So I have been super busy and always on the grind. I will skip the usual apologies and just get back to blogging.  I have tons of stories and lots to talk about. I run my mouth so much that my favorite gal says she cannot even get a word in. Classic.

So here is quick recap (in no particular order) of everything:

Postcrossing

It is still going strong. My pen pals are still great. I receive a couple of pieces of mail a week. It is more manageable now and it is actually the relaxing hobby it should be. I usually work on the mail and watch netflix when I have the time. Here is a card I got from Lucy from Taiwan :





Dexter

Dexter is highly addictive. I know people may find the theme (serial killer) off putting but the writing and dialogue is the best. I have never watched a show where I cared about every single character. The characters are well-written and believable. The plot and storyline also keeps me hooked. I'm currently on season 3. I'm halfway caught up.


Video Games

My Xbox 360 died the red ring of death six months ago. I never got around to replacing it. I have been busy with postcrossing, martial arts and everything else in life that video games kind of went on the back burner. I kept a savings jar at home to save for a new one. Last weekend I went to a garage sale and found this :




For 100 dollars I got a 250G Xbox 360 with two controllers and tons of brand new games. I got all of the Call of Duty games and Skyrim. Also I got Mario Kart for the Wii. What a deal. Garage sales are the best!
My favorite gal still doesn't believe I even play video games. She will now!**


Other

* I'm fighting in a martial arts tournament in Ottawa this weekend. The website is http://www.ontariobjjchampionship.com/ottawa_open. Apparently Mario Lopez will be a special guest for unknown reasons.
I entered my weight class as 194.5 (GI) and 188 (No GI). I was 203 when I made that decision. Two weeks ago I kicked it into high gear to make that weight. So for two weeks I exercised 2-4 hours a day and walked on my lunch hour. I also watched what I ate and practiced portion control. I'm basically down to 191 pounds. I lost 12 pounds in two weeks. It worked and I only felt a little sore every so often.

** I know, I know. Everything in moderation. I promise Babe!


-Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment