Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

7000 Hits................ of Death!

So this is a little recap of some martial arts mayhem last night. My head was swimming with all the techniques I learned last night at my Kali class. (We were learning stick attacks) I felt like it was sensory overload.

Apparently there are 7 attacks per stick angle and there are 7 counters to those attacks and there x amount of counters to the counters. Classic. I was lucky if I could manage to remember 3 of the 7 attacks we learned. I cheated a little I guess because I kept doing attack one and six over and over because they were easy to remember.

It is a fun class and I wish it was held more than one hour a week. I feel like I'm barely scrapped the surface. It is funny because I seem to do better under pressure when the instructor makes it seem like a life or death situation. Nothing like the threat of a fatal knife wound to get me motivated to learn the technique. I wonder how many times I have "died' in that class.

I named this blog entry because apparently one of the drills is to practice 7000 hits with the sticks. The "of death" add on (my idea) just makes me laugh.

Sidenote:  I also got some laughs like this:

Me: Wow this looks tough! (watching a technique) This must be advanced.

Instructor: Advanced? This is whitebelt. (Laughter) Advanced for whitebelt I guess

Others : (Laughter)

Story of my life

-Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment