Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

More Website Mayhem!

Okay so today I stumbled across a cool website while browsing the postcrossing website. Here it is:
http://myrealwall.blogspot.com/

Basically a guy decided to have a "wall" of postcards and any letter people send him. He also takes a picture of the wall and blogs about it. I fired off a postcard today for him. His address is on his website.

So cross your fingers and maybe in a month my postcard will become a part of his "wall". Here's where my patience has to come into play.

Sidenote: Here is a good spot where I can bury a story about me. ( A little embarrassing) I went to the local comic book shop to play in a magic card tournament on the weekend. Well when I got there to play the owner of the store looked at me like I was a fish out of water. It went like this:


Owner: (Surprised)  Can I help you?
Me: I'm here for the tournament. Is there one tonight?
Owner: We are waiting for two more people and then we get started.
Me: Okay. (I browsed around the store. The store  had about ten people sitting down playing cards and talking.)

(Two minutes later)

Owner: There is no game tonight. Sorry (acting suspicious)

Me: Okay. (I left)

So I don't know whats worse between the following:

1) getting rejected by comic book/gaming nerds
2) magic cards was my Sat night option
3) or that I care enough to actually blog about it

Zing to myself!

Add-on: I was telling this story and someone was comparing it to losing a friend in life and being true to myself. LOL. I don't care what the local comic book guy thinks about me. End of transaction with him.

-Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment