Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Go! Go! Go! Go!

Well wish me luck - I'm running a half marathon on Sunday in the big town of Sudbury,Ontario. Think of me when your waking up on a lazy Sunday morning and roll out of bed. By that time I should be done the race. I can give you two predictions. Here they are:
  1. I won't come dead last like last year. No way no how!
  2. I'm eating the brunch this time after the meal
  3. And...(Oops a third entry) I won't lock my keys in my car like last time and have to wait around for roadside assist. That's a classic an half right there!
So I will explain the car key story. I finish the race and was talking to my buddy. I tell him I want a picture and grabbed my camera from the car and threw my keys on the seat and somehow managed to manually close my non-power locks. Classic right there! That added extra insult to injury to my last place finish.

And since I'm telling embarrassing stories I might as well finish up with the last place finish story. So for the record I have never until that fateful day came last in a half marathon race. So as I was huffing and puffing and struggling to plow on and finish, the thought to quit came in my head many times but I used CENA power "Never Give Up" to keep on. (Okay I made that part up but I didn't quit) Anyways I seen a lone runner behind me and she slowly catches up. I thought well if she don't pass me I'm cool and won't be in last place. She gets near and I find out shes the race marshall sweeping the course behind me to make sure no one is still running. So I WAS the last runner. Classic. And two extra insults to injury on top of that:
  1. I told the person I have ran half marathons before and she still treated me like a first timer clapping her hands and saying you can do it!
  2. I get to the finish and they are pulling the race banners and finish sign down. I have to duck under the workers taking downt the signs at the finish line. Ouch!
  3. And finally (another insult) my high school buddy later on says where were you? I didnt see you (He ran the race). I didn't have the heart to say I came last and he placed second.
Whoah I can't believe I posted all this but it is 100 percent true last winter 2010. Anyways I doubt I can top any of those stories this year.

P.S  Part of this race is just an excuse for me to get out of town to find postcards.

-Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment