Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

True Grit

I had put watching the original True Grit movie (1969) on the backburner for a while. I finally watched it last night and I was impressed. I thought it was it was a good movie. I have not seen any other John Wayne movies (yet!) so I can not compare this movie to his other works.

Apparently critics thought it was over the top and hammy (his acting) and that his Oscar for this movie was awarded more for his lengthy career. It does not bother me as I think this movie was pretty good for a western.
Watch it if you get a chance and then go see the remake coming this Christmas ( Dec 22). The remake has top actors starring in it. (Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon)

Anyone under 20 years of age would not be able to watch this. I can guarantee that. They would say it is boring and complain of lack of action. I do not want to go into a rant about the decline in quality of movies so I will save that for later.

I am using the broken keyboard again so this post is short.


Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment