Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paper-Boy

I went to see the move "The Fighter". I have to say its an awesome movie and way better than I expected. I wasn't in a rush to see it and I decided to go because a friend wanted to. This brings me to my current post:

Paperboy Madness

I guess I am a "true geek" though, because I swear I had more fun playing arcade games with my buddy then I did watching the movie.
They have an arcade machine with 60 in 1 classic arcade games. We played Paperboy, a no name wrestling game (forget the name) and Rampage. (My buddy never played Rampage in his life. I was like what?) And then we moved on to Pac-Man. We ran out of time so we had to abandon our quest to see how could get the best score in Pac-Man ( For the record I was winning)
Paperboy was a bust though. It brought back memories but it is a hard game. My only hope was to make sure the first house got its paper and then hold back on the joystick (your paperboy moves forward no matter what) and hope that my guy didn't crash into anything. I didn't even survive one day or half a block. The game over screen is hilarious though. It has a image of the "paperboy" lying on the curb with a paper sack over his head and a caption stating: worst paperboy ever. Classic man.

And of course playing arcade games brought back memories of previous arcade stories. Basically several years ago I showed up at the cinema with a bank tube of "loonies" (1 dollar coins) and me and my friends only goal was to beat "Star Trek Voyager" the arcade game. (It is a shooter game with a light gun). Well we managed to beat the game but burn our eyes out. Our eyes were literally watering as we completed the game. We got strange looks from the staff at the movies.
So I beat that game in Timmins and the when I went away to university by fluke the game was in the arcade lounge there and I beat it again. Ah arcade memories.....


Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment